- Stavropol State Medical Academy
- Rostov State Medical University
- Moscow State University Of
- Kazan State Medical University
- St.Petersburg State Medical
- I.M. Sechenov Moscow Medical
- Daghestan State Medical Academy
- Northern State Medical University
- Peoples’ Friendship University of
- Russian State Medical University
- Volgograd State Medical University
STAVROPOL STATE MEDICAL ACADEMYStavropol is an ancient city located in the North Caucasus. 1777 is considered a year Stavropol was founded as a fortress on the southern boundaries of Russia under the decree of Empress Ekaterina II. «Stavropol» is a Russian rendition of a Greek name «Stavropoulos» meaning «City of the Cross». There is a legend that soldiers have found a huge cross made of stone when they were building the fortress in the future city location.
The Stavropol State Medical Academy was founded in 1938. Nowadays, after seven decades it is the largest educational, scientific and methodical centre of medicine in the North Caucasus. StSMA is awarded with the Cannes Silver Medal and the title "Flagman of XXI Century", the Gold Medal of International Biography Center as the most dynamically developing enterprise.
Foreign experts are preparing here in General Medicine and Dentistry specialties.
Nowadays about 600 foreign students from 28 countries of Asia, Africa and Latin America are trained in the Stavropol State Medical Academy. Beginning with 2005 the training is conducted in the English language too. During this period 1017 physicians, 139 clinical residents, 17 postgraduate students have been prepared in the Academy.
Persons having the higher medical education are eligible to study in the Post-Diploma Training Course (Clinical Internship - 1 year, Residency - 2 years or more; Postgraduate Course - 3-4 years; Doctoranture - 5 years.)
The persons with the higher medical education and who have completed the specialities at the Post-Diploma education level (Clinical Internship, Residency) are admitted to the cycles of professional retraining and improvement of professional skills.
Foreign students studying in the academy live in the comfortable hostels. Under the guidance of curators there are excursions for students to the beautiful places of Stavropol, trips to Teberda, Dombay, Lago-Naki, cities-resorts of the Stavropol Region.Stavropol is connected by air, railway and road to Moscow and other cities of Russia. There is an international airport in the city of Mineralnye Vody about 180 km away, 2 hours by bus.
Admission Procedure :
- Application for admission;
- Personal particulars;
- Original of Secondary Education Certificate (equal to A-level with the grades by Biology, Physics,Chemistry) and its verified copy. (Note that educational certificate has to be officially translated into Russian language, verified and notarized in the Russian Embassy or Consulate in the native country of the applicant);
- Health certificate (about physical and mental fitness, -ТВ, STD, HIV, absence of drug and alcohol abuse,list of vaccination, results of AIDS test) signed and sealed by the district or family doctor;
- 12 photos of size 3×4 cm;
- Valid passport with the Russian entrance VISA and Immigration card (to be registered during 3 days after arrival in the Visa Service Department of the Academy).
All translations into Russian should be executed according to the name and surname specified in the entrance Visa.